Monday, April 7, 2008

I hate florals


I really would love to know the real reason why floral fragrances are such a major pain in the behind. It seems I do the best I can with soaping at low temps and hand stirring with known accelerators. Florals are just a pain. The recent batch of jasmine was no exception. All was well with this until I added in my fragrance oil and immediately what was thin to medium trace reached heavy trace in a nano second. It also riced slightly so much that I had to beat it back into submission with my stick blender. This clearly was a nice save with this batch considering I still had time to do a textured top despite having to literally glop this into the mold. No more florals for me for quite some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for about 2 months, something I really enjoy as a one-time soap maker (I'm no expert, just tried it out and whew! what a process!).

I just wanted to stop lurking and tell you that I've been really, really impressed by your ingredients, your knowledge, your beautiful soap and even your photography.

Your soap is what soap should be!

Tenisha said...

Thanks for your kind words and comments. I am glad that someone is finding the information useful. Once you start soaping it's a hell of an addiction!