Monday, April 21, 2008

I am back to playing in mud


Don't you remember playing in mud and making mud pies when you were a child? I remember doing it vividly because it was so much fun, and also made a huge mess of my clothing that my mother was not so forgiving of. I decided to do it again by incorporating some dead sea mud into a recent soap batch. I scented this soap with tangerine and lavender essential oils. Okay many probably wonder why on earth would someone add mud to soap that is designed to clean? Well this is not the mud you would find in your backyard, and I doubt I would use that kind of mud because that just sounds weird. However, Dead Sea mud is very unique. This mud comes from no where else but the Dead Sea and is the second saltiest body of water on the earth. Within the sea contains this mud that contains many vital minerals of magnesium, potassium and calcium that are great for the skin. It can help to exfoliate the skin, and provide a wide range of cleansing properties to soothe the skin. It is very common to see people bathing themselves in this mud while relaxing in the dead sea. I may never get to visit the Dead Sea to enjoy this experience but I can enjoy a somewhat similiar experience in my own bathtub. I also gave myself a mud facial mask just for fun. My face felt wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I've seen French clay in soap, but not Dead See mud. I've always wondered if all the properties of the mud or clay make it through the saponification process or if the chemical reaction alters the mineral content.