Thursday, March 6, 2008

Not really feeling Hot Process

*I recently used this two week old soap in the shower. My skin feels so good and it's a new recipe I formulated. I am quite impressed it feels this good the first time around. No dryness or itchness at all. I used a two butters in this soap along with my usual amount of olive oil. I think I may send some bars to my testers to see what they think and will toss one bar in the mail for mom. The rest I am hoarding myself.


I can only wonder if I used a little sodium lactate in these bars would it would have made for a more liquid pour. I used Tonys half moon rounds to get this specific bar shape. While I do like them I am not sure I would use them for hot process soap again. There is way too much watching and stirring for me. However it is nice to get to witness each stage of the soapmaking process through the end of saponification. I may do one of my plain cold process bars in them.




Although it's my first time doing an essential oil blend of lime and peppermint. Yes I know the blend is easy but one needs to start somewhere. Besides I am considering branching out to include essential oils soaps in my current line but I am still in the research and testing stage with those. My comfort level with essential oils leaves something to be desired.I just haven't felt comfortable working with them as I have fragrance oils. That is just the thing with soaping there is so much to expand on in terms of knowledge. I am dedicated to lifelong learning with this process. Happy soaping all!

1 comment:

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Hey,
Was just reading through your blog and checking out some of your soaps. The grapefruit spearmint is an interesting combination. I just got through giving a workshop on hot process and it is not one of my favorites either but will do in a pinch. Oh it doesn't get liquid like cp. You have to actually spoon it in the mold.