Thursday, March 13, 2008

Castile Soap


I have had many firsts this month with soapmaking. I guess I am coming out of my slump with soapmaking. For weeks I have felt terribly uninspired plus for I have had many soap batches that have gone literally wild. Many of those creations went straight in my trash can. I even had a batch quickly rice on me in my soap pot and I purposely kept my temps low. While browsing soaps on etsy I came across a listing for castile soap. I have always been interested in castile because of their high conditioning qualities in the soap. Plus the bars are killer white and hard as a brick after a substantial cure time. The only drawback to castile is the forever long tracing and curing period. Most say to let them cure for a 6 months to a year. If anything the soap continues to get better with age. I think I will let these sit to December 31, 2008 and bring in the new year and use them for the first time. Only if the anticipation doesn't kill me first.

No comments: