Friday, December 21, 2007

Whipped Shea Body Butter


I finally got my supplies from MMS-The Sage today and devised a simple whipped Shea Body Butter. Since I have never made one before I wanted to keep the ingredients simple. All I used was Shea Butter(refined). The Unrefined shea smells pretty bad. I also had some grapseed oil in my fridge from a soap batch I did two months ago. Grapeseed is a lighter oil. I wanted to try some sweet almond oil but was too lazy to go to the grocery store. Hmm maybe for the next batch? It whipped out to perfection and looked just like frosting. I scented it with White tea with Ginger Fragrance Oil from Tonys Fragrance Oils. I am going to enjoy testing this butter out on my own skin for the next couple of weeks because it feels so wonderful on my skin. I regret I just purchased some shea moisturizer from ulta the other day. I plan to whip up some more batches of this stuff for myself. I really wish I bought more shea now and possibly some jars to give out to my testers.

3 comments:

oddist said...

Mmmmm, that body butter looks goog enough to eat. Could you recommend a site with recipes to make body butter. I hate to ask being that you sell, but im a little strapped right now , but would love to make some for my wife. she deserves a little luxury.

Tenisha said...

Thanks. It's still in the testing stage at this point so I will not be marketing it yet. However here's a few links for you if you want to make your own.

Whatever you do don't introduce any water into a body butter if it doesn't have a perservative in it. It will start to grow all sorts of yucky things.

Here's a link to a page that was in one of my favorites in my pc.
Have fun!

http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com/index.asp

oddist said...

Thanx for getting back to me. I will check out the info you sent.