Monday, December 17, 2007

The creative process is limitless


I often wonder if I was not a soapmaker what else besides school and working a full time job would occupy the rest of my time. I appreciate the knowledge I have gained with this craft as well as the ability to express my creative talent. The other night I was brainstorming on other ways to get creative with cold process soaps. My favorite technique is being able to texturize soaps to give visual interest.


You would be suprised but a wire wisk does wonders at giving all sorts of effects. Normally I like to make the illusion of soft textured peaks with soap. The back of a spoon or using a butter knife works nicely to give off a frosting like texture on the tops. I used a wire wisk for this effect by dipping the wisk in the soap batter after I poured it in the mold. Once I pulled the wisk out it created this cool effect. Many folks like to keep their soaps untextured but I think texturizing adds some visual interest and appeal to your products. See for yourself what you can create with your own tools in your kitchen.

No comments: